Four-in-hand sentence example
- Among other publications by him were An American Four-in-hand in Britain (1883), Round the World (1884), The Empire of Business (1902), a Life of James Watt (1905) and Problems of To-day (1908).
- The modern necktie 's original name was the four-in-hand tie.
- Instead of the classic four-in-hand knot, which is narrower in shape, Edward VIII preferred a larger knot.
- Once you have the Windsor down pat, you should learn the Half Windsor and then the Four-in-Hand.
- The Four-in-Hand is a smaller knot, long and narrow, and very good for wide ties made from a heavy fabric.Advertisement
- Knotting experts agree that each knot has its own merits, but the basic knot, also known as the four-in-hand knot, is considered the most popular.
- Since it's the most common, let's start with the four-in-hand knot.
- Considered appropriate for any occasion thanks to its clean, simple look, the four-in-hand is best produced with a tie made from a heavy fabric.
- It's symmetrical, which makes it more versatile than the four-in-hand knot.
- The four-in-hand necktie was first worn in this decade, as was the Ascot.Advertisement
- Women are to wear the neck tab while men wear a four-in-hand necktie.
- When soldiers are not wearing the coat, a long sleeve, white shirt accompanied by a four-in-hand necktie for males or a neck tab for females is worn.