Forfeiting sentence example
- He did not, however, definitely declare for Pompey, but remained neutral, without forfeiting the respect of Caesar.
- Everybody is free to quit at any time, thereby forfeiting payment.
- At the same time he mitigated the Francophil tendencies of some of his colleagues, accompanied King Humbert and Queen Margherita on their visit to Homburg in September 1897, and, by loyal observance of the spirit of the triple alliance, retained for Italy the confidence of her allies without forfeiting the goodwill of France.
- As has been justly said, if Newton once suffered a cerebral attack without forfeiting our veneration for the Principia, Comte may have suffered in the same way, and still not have forfeited our respect for Positive Philosophy and Positive Polity.
- For, while the power of Charlemagne's successors was decaying, the papacy itself became involved in the confusion of the party strife of Italy and of the city of Rome, and was plunged in consequence into such an abyss of degradation (the so-called Pornocracy), that it was in danger of forfeiting every shred of its moral authority over Christendom.Advertisement
- Corporations are forbidden to contribute money for campaign purposes on penalty of forfeiting their charters, or, if not chartered in the state, their right to carry on business in the state.
- After a brief sojourn in Cairo he speedily returned thither, thereby forfeiting his throne, which was conferred by the amirs on his brother Ismail al-Malik alSalili (June 27th, 1342).
- Protestantism, indeed, since the Act of Settlement in 1689, has been of the essence of the Constitution, the sovereign forfeiting his or her crown ipso facto by acknowledging the authority of the pope, by accepting " the Romish religion," or by marrying a Roman Catholic; and though of late years efforts have been made to modify or to abrogate this provision, the fact that such efforts have met with widespread opposition shows that it still represents the general attitude of the British nation.
- Church, declaring all gifts made to themand all acts done by them under these titles null and void, and forfeiting to the crown all property bequeathed, to them.
- He threw on a jacket and left, aware Sasha couldn.t leave the castle grounds without forfeiting his life and wouldn.t dare disrupt the Immortals for fear of Kris.s wrath.Advertisement
- He took no notice of the constituent assembly in Lisbon, which on the 19th of September had ordered him to return to Portugal on pain of forfeiting his right to inherit the Portuguese Crown.
- These cards also expire two years after their issue date, so use your card as soon as possible to avoid forfeiting your balance.
- Hart then raced to his girlfriend's side, forfeiting the race to accept Pink's proposal.
- Single parent grants can mean the difference between going to school or paying bills and going without or forfeiting the dream of continuing your education.