Foregone-conclusion sentence example
- As the Union Bank was founded in the midst of a financial panic and was mismanaged, its failure was a foregone conclusion.
- But the failure of the insurgents was a foregone conclusion.
- The result was a foregone conclusion.
- The council, which met on the 5th of June 1245, was attended only by those prepared to support the pope's cause; and though Frederick condescended to be represented by his justiciar, Thaddeus of Suessa, the judgment was a foregone conclusion.
- They strengthened the revolutionary Commune by decreeing its abolition, and then withdrawing the decree at the first sign of popular opposition; they increased the prestige of Marat by prosecuting him before the Revolutionary Tribunal, where his acquittal was a foregone conclusion.Advertisement
- The trial of the twenty-one, which began before the Revolutionary Tribunal on the 24th of October, was a mere farce, the verdict a foregone conclusion.
- It was conducted with skill, though, with twice the numbers of the enemy at his command, Sheridan's victory was a foregone conclusion.
- Important and instructive, therefore, as are the attempts made from time to time by the state and by individual philosophers to unite Neoplatonism and the universal monarchy, their failure was a foregone conclusion.
- He obtained a papal absolution from his promises; and he tricked the opposition into accepting the arbitration of the French king, Louis IX., whose verdict was a foregone conclusion.
- Though this device enabled them to say that they had not yielded to the Russian demand, it was obvious that they entered the conference with the foregone conclusion of conceding the Russian claim.Advertisement
- That a Land Act should be passed was a foregone conclusion as soon as the result of the general election was known.
- It was not a foregone conclusion that the NPC would win.
- This consultation is a farce it 's a foregone conclusion and is a rubber-stamping process rather than a consultation.
- If you're considering buying boys' Easter suits this year, it's likely a foregone conclusion that your son will be wearing a coat and pair of trousers, which are sold in all colors and in nearly every store months before the holiday.