Forebrain sentence example
- Failure of division is termed holoprosencephaly (literally "whole forebrain").
- We are interested in the molecular mechanisms involved in patterning the early mammalian forebrain.
- Hypothalamus-A part of the forebrain that controls heartbeat, body temperature, thirst, hunger, body temperature and pressure, blood sugar levels, and other functions.
- In accordance with this view there would be also some probability in favour of regarding the collar nerve-tube of the Enteropneusta as the equivalent of the cerebral vesicle only of Amphioxus and the Ascidian tadpole, and also of the primary forebrain of vertebrates.
- Differential localized changes in proliferative rates of populations of cells could play a crucial role in the patterning of the developing forebrain.Advertisement
- Glossary basal forebrain: Lower area of the front part of the brain best known for its role in certain kinds of learning.
- The forebrain forms the bulk of the whole brain, but the large size of the hemispheres is due to the greater development of the basal and lateral portions (pedunculi cerebri and corpora striata), while the pallium (the portion external to the lateral ventricles) is thin, and restricted to the median side of each hemisphere.
- The growth process begins in the lower part of the forebrain in a small organ called the hypothalamus.