Forebodings sentence example
- His last years were embittered by remorse, by gloomy forebodings, and by constant suspicion, for he had always been in the habit of employing a system of espionage, and only then experienced its evil effects.
- These forebodings were intensified in his Commonwealth or Empire?
- The result has falsified all sinister forebodings.
- 20 f.), in keeping both with his former experiences at their hands and with his forebodings resulting therefrom (xx.
- Ferdinand died in 1494 full of forebodings as to the probable: effects of the invasion of Charles VIII.Advertisement
- Her attention was absorbed by the care and education of her numerous family, even after the revolution of 1830 had made her queen of the French, a position accepted by her with forebodings of disaster justified by her early experience of revolutions.
- She appealed to him not to sacrifice for her the independence of his life, nor did she finally yield to the arrangement without the darkest forebodings, only too soon to be realized.
- Is this day of high and solemn gratulation, to be turned to such forebodings as these?
- The light heart which nature had given me became heavy with sad forebodings.
- The alliance with So (Seveh, Sibi) of " Egypt," upon whom hopes had been placed, proved futile, and the forebodings of keen-sighted prophets were justified.Advertisement
- The consequent loosening of the ties between the individual provinces of the Church and the Apostolic See, combined with the capricious policy of the court at Avignon, which often regarded nothing but personal .and family interests, accelerated the decay of the ecclesiastical organism, and justified the most dismal forebodings for the future.
- Both Mr. Keith and I were distressed and full of forebodings for the morrow; but we went over to the college a little before the examination began, and had Mr. Vining explain more fully the American symbols.