Food-stamp sentence example
- The food stamp program is for low-income consumers who need help buying groceries, funded through the USDA's Food and Nutrition Service.
- The food stamp program is designed to assist low income people in purchasing meat, milk, bread, produce, and other items for preparing meals.
- Generally, however, it takes about 30 days for a food stamp application to be processed.
- Before you fill out the application, use the Pre-Screening Eligibility Tool to help determine whether you would qualify for food stamp assistance.
- Seventeen percent of the city's residents earned below 50 percent of the poverty line and 29 percent received food stamp assistance.Advertisement
- The lowest level "thrifty food plan" is used to determine food stamp allotments.
- The food stamp income requirements are based on the federal poverty level, but deductions are allowed for expenses such as dependant care, legally-owed child support payments, and medical care for people who are elderly or disabled.
- Seeds and plants that produce food for your family to eat can be purchased with food stamp benefits, but you can not purchase live animals with your SNAP card.
- While the food stamp program is the best known source of assistance for low-income people in need of help with their grocery bills, it is not the only resource available.
- Unlike food stamp applications that can sometimes be filled out online, you must visit WIC office locations in order to see if you qualify for this type of government assistance.Advertisement
- Typically, these guidelines are based on the federal poverty level and your state's food stamp eligibility criteria.