Fluting sentence example
- The third column which carries a capital has no fluting in its shaft.
- As we ceased an almost perfect hush descended for a while, in which one heard the fluting notes of a distant nightingale.
- De la Tour's rich contralto rings out; a contrast with Sheehan's fluting, soft soprano.
- fluting song.
- The columns vary somewhat in diameter (more than even the difference caused by fluting would warrant) and three different types of capital are noticeable.Advertisement
- A few caustically witty sayings of his, and St Bridget's famous comparison of him to a fowler who could entice the shyest birds with his fluting, are almost all his personalia.