Fluorosis sentence example
- Irish dental surgeon, Donal McAuley, wrote in the British Medical Journal: " Fifty per cent of our population has dental fluorosis.
- For three quarters of a million people, dental fluorosis is of the " moderate to severe " degree.
- So have Japan and India, where fluoride occurs naturally and skeletal fluorosis (thickening of bones) is prevalent.
- This mild fluorosis is often undetectable except by a dental expert.
- Beside being unsightly, fluorosis can have a psychological impact, and cosmetic dentistry is expensive.Advertisement
- Dean's criteria were followed to assess enamel fluorosis.
- Fluoride is implicated in pre-senile dementia and Alzheimer's disease. n. Fluoride causes fluorosis.
- In the whole sample, 81% presented no malocclusion and only two questionable cases of fluorosis were observed.
- Too much fluoride may cause spotting (fluorosis) of the tooth enamel.
- Fluorosis only affects children whose teeth are still developing within the gums.Advertisement
- Very mild to mild fluorosis has no effect on tooth function and may help prevent decay.
- Fluorosis in children appears as of 2004 to be increasing; however, it is not known whether this is from water fluoridation, the excessive use of fluoride-containing products, or both.