Fluorite sentence example
- The refractive indices of all glasses at present available lie between 1.46 and 1 90, whereas transparent minerals are known having refractive indices lying considerably outside these limits; at least one of these, fluorite (calcium fluoride), is actually used by opticians in the construction of certain lenses, so that probably progress is to be looked for in a considerable widening of the limits of available optical materials; possibly such progress may lie in the direction of the artificial production of large mineral crystals.
- The high level of fluorescence of fluorite from this classic area, adds an extra cachet other locations do not have.
- Its newly designed optical system consists of 17 elements in 13 groups, including one fluorite and two UD lenses.
- But the green fluorite on the right has more obvious cubes.
- The fluoride in toothpastes is a chemical made from the mineral fluorite.Advertisement