Floury sentence example
- It's no surprise that cakes, cookies, and all the other floury snacks contain gluten.
- It is an important part of the manufacture, because the finished cement should be as fine and "floury" as possible.
- In the common wheats the chaffscales are boat-shaped, ovoid, of the consistence of parchment, and shorter than the spikelet; the seed is usually floury, opaque, white, and easily broken.
- In the turgid wheats the glumes have long awns, and the seed is turgid and floury, as in the common wheats.
- The requirements of the consumer have also to be considered: for some purposes the soft floury wheats, with their large relative proportion of starch, are the best, for others the harder wheats, with their larger quantity of gluten.Advertisement
- floury potatoes or boil then drain them.
- floury texture; go on, chuck in some oil next time!
- floury varieties such as King Edward, Duke of York or Golden Wonder for perfect mashed potatoes.
- floury bap and thinly sliced mild onion.
- floury, crumbly spuds into the sauce from the casserole with your fork.Advertisement
- One of the largest beans, they are slightly floury.
- Eat them with the casserole, mashing the floury, crumbly spuds into the sauce from the casserole with your fork.