Floundered sentence example
- She floundered to a sitting position, then her feet, cringing as she struggled upright, the sting in her wounded knees bringing tears to her eyes.
- He'd floundered up until now.
- Dorothy was a little anxious about the success of their trip, for the way Jim arched his long neck and spread out his bony legs as he fluttered and floundered through the air was enough to make anybody nervous.
- In 2007, Kelly launched the Double Up tour featuring Ne-Yo and Keisha Cole, but that tour, like his career, floundered.
- It floundered at first, but was bolstered when the song Let It Go was featured on the popular Set It Off soundtrack.Advertisement
- This attempt floundered in bad weather and the following year the Harriers once again set out from Edale with renewed determination.
- Kevin Howe (MG Rover chief executive, pictured right) certainly hoped so, but in the end, the deal floundered.
- Maybe the teen god was figuring things out on his own, after the godslayer floundered for months with the responsibilities that came with leading his army of vamps.
- All this naked white human flesh, laughing and shrieking, floundered about in that dirty pool like carp stuffed into a watering can, and the suggestion of merriment in that floundering mass rendered it specially pathetic.