Flounder sentence example
- It wasn't like him to flounder over small decisions.
- Sand eel will catch turbot, flounder and bass.
- A terrible strain on such a rod but it brought me my first successes with plaice, flounder, dab, whiting and mackerel.
- Flounder can even be found many miles from the sea, high up in rivers where the water is completely fresh.
- Most of us know how to wear athletic gear at the gym but flounder a bit when it comes to everyday fashion.Advertisement
- From past experience the first part never poses any problems but people often flounder when it comes to the second.
- Among fish, sprat, whiting, flounder and sand goby abundance have all increased since the initiation of power station closures.
- Flounder, dab, plaice, and sole were common, and halibut, turbot, and brill less so.
- At the opening of the era of modern scientific discovery, with all its fruitful new generalizations, the still more highly generalized laws of epistemology and of the spiritual constitutionof man might well baffle the physicist and lead his intellect to "flounder."
- Aside from children using parental differences as a bargaining tool, they tend to lose faith in parents that flounder and don't follow through on plans and propositions.Advertisement
- Though this type of support group does engender sympathy and encouragement, the downside is that a gathering of this sort can also engender depression as sufferers flounder in their losses.
- Seasonal entrees include line-caught summer flounder, or in the fall, applewood smoked yellowfin tuna salad.
- Briefly, the chief fish of Japan are the bream (tai), the perch (suzuki), the mullet (bora), the rock-fish (hatatate), the grunter (oni-o-koze), the mackerel (saba), the sword-fish (tachi-uwo), the wrasse (kusabi), the haddock (tara), the flounder (karei), and its congeners the sole (hiranie) and the turbot (ishi-garei), the shad (namazu), the salmon (shake), the mash, the carp (koi), the funa, the gold fish (kzngyo), the gold carp (higoi), theloach (dojo), the herring (nishin) the iwashi (Clu pea melanosticta), the eel (unagi), the conger eel (anago), the coffer-fish (hako-uwo), the fugu (Tetrodon), the ai (Plecoglossus altivelis), the sayori (Heminamphus sayoni), the shark (same), the dogfish (maiiuka-zame), the ray (e), the sturgeon (chO-lame) and the maguro (Thynnus sibi).
- Small-time clients flounder as well, and aren't willing to pay for writing they believe they can easily produce in-house.
- It comes with two additional Flounder and Ariel character toys.Advertisement
- If you do not have the right technology in your clothing, then your level of skill is going to flounder.
- Albinos seem to be rather common; and as in other fishes (for instance, the tench, carp, eel, flounder), the colour of most of these albinos is a bright orange or golden yellow; occasionally even this shade of colour is lost, the fish being more or less pure white or silvery.