Flotsam sentence example
- Such tides as set towards the Himalaya broke against their farther buttresses, leaving an interesting ethnographical flotsam in the northern valleys; but they never overflowed the Himalayan barrier.
- Assist with the clean up of the beach by removing inter tidal flotsam.
- Passers-by would be encouraged to toss flotsam and jetsam into these gigantic bins, thereby performing the dual role of beach comber and artist.
- Peer into the waters and you will see a flotsam of drowned and bloated corpses.
- Four of us spent an afternoon collecting flotsam and debris left by visitors, but we made very little impact!Advertisement
- My childhood in Ireland was filled with images of London from films, TV and much more cultural flotsam and jetsam.
- The floods have left 12 tires washed up among the assorted plastic flotsam on the small silt island in the river.
- From the Conquest or even earlier they had, besides various lesser rights - (1) exemption from tax and tallage; (2) soc and sac, or full cognizance of all criminal and civil cases within their liberties; (3) tol and team, or the right of receiving toll and the right of compelling the person in whose hands stolen property was found to name the person from whom he received it; (4) blodwit and fledwit, or the right to punish shedders of blood and those who were seized in an attempt to escape from justice; (5) pillory and tumbrel; (6) infangentheof and r L outfangentheof, or power to imprison and execute felons; (7) mundbryce (the breaking into or violation of a man's mund or property in order to erect banks or dikes as a defence against the sea); (8) waives and strays, or the right to appropriate lost property or cattle not claimed within a year and a day; (9) the right to seize all flotsam, jetsam, or ligan, or, in other words, whatever of value was cast ashore by the sea; (10) the privilege of being a gild with power to impose taxes for the common weal; and (11) the right of assembling in portmote or parliament at Shepway or Shepway Cross, a few miles west of Hythe (but afterwards at Dover), the parliament being empowered to make by-laws for the Cinque Ports, to regulate the Yarmouth fishery, to hear appeals from the local courts, and to give decision in all cases of treason, sedition, illegal coining or concealment of treasure trove.
- Triangle Box Crease Pattern, via Flotsam and Origami Jetsam, has no instructions on how to make the box.
- Now that you're going to make a little money on those gold coins, added to what you took in on that Flotsam Electronics stock last June, maybe you should consider seeing the light and turning Republican.Advertisement
- He was slowly picking pieces of Styrofoam flotsam from his early morning cup of black coffee.
- Among his books of poetry, Ranolf and Amolia, a South Sea Day Dream, is the best known (1872), and Flotsam and Jetsam (1877) is dedicated to Browning.