Floodgates sentence example
- Early into the second half, Lazio were reduced to ten men, opening the floodgates for Chelsea.
- Addison's men managed to close the floodgates after that, but the devastating seven-minute spell had well and truly ended their cup hopes.
- It lifts the floodgates to the future growth of telecommunications as the vehicle for a host of new ICT applications and innovations.
- Whilst floodgates are not generally maintained throughout LUL, new floodgates had been provided on the Jubilee Line Extension.
- The victories of Generals Wellesley and Lake, however, saved the Rajputs; but on Lord Wellesley's departure from India the floodgates of anarchy were reopened for ten years.Advertisement
- No wonder Unilever's surprise announcement opened the floodgates.
- His French colleague, Petau, better known under his latinized surname of Petavius, opened still wider floodgates when he taught that theological dogmas, like everything else, have a history.