Flitted sentence example
- His gaze flitted to Carmen as they passed.
- Elisabeth's eyes flitted from Jackson to the ring then back again.
- Birds flitted from tree to tree, chirping at each other and battling over the best roosting sights.
- Besides this feeling which absorbed her altogether and hindered her from following the details of her husband's plans, thoughts that had no connection with what he was saying flitted through her mind.
- This unpleasant impression merely flitted over the young and happy face of the Emperor like a cloud of haze across a clear sky and vanished.Advertisement
- She has flitted from object to object, asking the name of everything and kissing me for very gladness.
- Black figures flitted about before the fire, and through the incessant crackling of the flames talking and shouting could be heard.
- Every time he looked at his bare feet a smile of animated self-satisfaction flitted across his face.
- The boy opened his eyes just as a red and black butterfly flitted across the road.
- flitted around the trees as Toco Toucans made more stately progress.Advertisement
- flitted here, stayed here, and spent their wages here.
- And so, she rose on a warm updraft and flitted the short distance to the pond.
- After three years, the shine of selling diamonds had worn off and Mike wanted to do something different, so he flitted around the country a bit.
- Gladys flitted back and forth, like a moth in a lamp shop, alternating with Dean for the hall phone, apparently conversing with an editor who was expressing interest in the lurid tales of Belfair of Draghow and her sexual mischief about the stars.