Flail sentence example
- The arms or legs may flail or jerk uncontrollably.
- Corn was normally threshed by hand with a flail during the winter months.
- Osiris is usually shown as a crowned king, holding a crook and a flail.
- Most club goers don't appreciate those who shout out the lyrics to their favorite song, or flail wildly along with the music.
- She'll soon sing a different song when I, the leader of this orchestra, flail my baton.Advertisement
- The ability seemed so out of worldly that for us to flail about, making God-like decisions seemed to be a sin.
- Daniel galloped up silently, holding a naked dagger in his left hand and thrashing the laboring sides of his chestnut horse with his whip as if it were a flail.
- Chorea-Involuntary movements in which the arms or legs may jerk or flail uncontrollably.
- The villein was in this sense emphatically the man holding " by the fork and the flail."
- When the waste contains any large percentage of worm or chrysalis, it is taken to a " cocoon beater," a machine which has a large revolving disk on which the silk is put, and while revolving slowly is beaten by a leather whip or flail, which loosens the silk and knocks out the wormy matter.Advertisement
- In the fight at Gdow (February 2 6th), where Benedek laid the foundations of the military reputation that was to end so tragically at KOniggratz, flail and scythe wrought more havoc in the rebel ranks than the Austrian musketry.
- Among the wooden objects recovered from the relic beds were tubs, plates, ladles and spoons, a flail for threshing corn, a last for stretching shoes of hide, celt handles, clubs, long-bows of yew, floats and implements of fishing and a dug-out canoe 12 ft.