Fixed-line sentence example
- One of these is the position of the line MN through the sun at F in which the plane of the orbit cuts some fundamental plane of reference, commonly the ecliptic. This is called the line of nodes, and its position is specified by the angle which it makes with some fixed line FX in the fundamental plane.
- We take a fixed line OX, usually drawn horizontally; for each value of X we measure a length or abscissa ON equal to x.L, and draw an ordinate NP at right angles to OX and equal to the corresponding value of y .
- It is extremely hard to draw any fixed line in Egypt between magic and medicine; but it is curious to note that simple diagnoses and prescriptions were employed for the more curable diseases, while magical formulae and amulets are reserved for those that are harder to cope with, such as the bites of snakes and the stings of scorpions.
- It may be defined as a section of a right circular cone by a plane parallel to a tangent plane to the cone, or as the locus of a point which moves .so that its distances from a fixed point and a fixed line are equal.
- 1, where P is a point on the curve equidistant from the fixed line AB, known as the directrix, and the fixed point F known as the focus.Advertisement
- The result is that the axis of the top describes a circular cone about a fixed line making a small angle with the vertical.
- The method by which the cycloid is generated shows that it consists of an infinite number of cusps placed along the fixed line and separated by a constant distance equal to the circumference of the rolling circle.
- 1, curve a); the fixed line LM is termed the base, and the line PQ which divides the curve symmetrically is the axis.
- (c) The third concept necessary to complete the system is a fixed line passing through the origin, and lying in the fundamental plane.
- One definition, which is of especial value in the geometrical treatment of the conic sections (ellipse, parabola and hyperbola) in piano, is that a conic is the locus of a point whose distances from a fixed point (termed the focus) and a fixed line (the directrix) are in constant ratio.Advertisement
- emergemerging markets where fixed line communications are scarce, analysts predict wireless will be the communication channel of choice.
- Market trends The market for fixed line telephony remains competitive, with an ongoing downward pressure on the retail price of calls.
- Linear broadcast networks like ITV are in danger of becoming the equivalent of fixed-line telephony operators.