Fivefold sentence example
- He has a fivefold wergild, summons the nobles and clergy for purposes of deliberation, calls out the host, administers justice and regulates finance.
- Thus in the century between 1801 and 1901 it increased sixfold, while during the same period London only increased fivefold.
- Informa predicts that mobile gaming revenues will increase almost fivefold, up from $ 2.6bn in 2005 to $ 11.2bn, by 2010.
- The kidneys are capable of increasing calcium excretion nearly fivefold to maintain homeostatic serum calcium concentrations.
- This might be double, treble, fourfold, fivefold, sixfold, tenfold, twelvefold, even thirtyfold,, according to the enormity of the offence.Advertisement
- In the half-century from 1830 to 1880 the cloisters likewise prospered and multiplied fivefold.
- Sickness is suffering, so is death, so is union with the unloved, and separation from the loved; not to obtain what one desires is suffering; the entire fivefold clinging to the earthly is suffering.
- The peculiarity of this work - written, of course, from what is known as the intuitional point of view - is its fivefold division of the springs of action and of their objects, of the primary and universal rights of man (personal security, property, contract, family rights and government), and of the cardinal virtues (benevolence, justice, truth, purity and order).