Fissile sentence example
- All States should increase transparency and security of their fissile material holdings.
- Once sufficient fissile material is obtained, designing a basic nuclear warhead can be easily accomplished.
- According to the London-based International Institute of Strategic Studies, Iran will have enough fissile nuclear material to make a bomb within three years.
- Tho, if he were able to purchase fissile materiel illegally, it would only be a year or two.
- Such capabilities also can support fissile material production for Tehran's overall nuclear weapons program.Advertisement
- The wide disparity in the fissile material stockpiles of India and Pakistan could erode the stability of nuclear deterrence.
- However, his country would only support such a treaty if it did not allow unequal stockpiles of fissile materials.
- Efforts to negotiate a treaty to ban fissile material production have made no progress for the past five years.
- Hopes for reconvening the CD negotiations on a fissile material treaty were given a boost by the consensus adoption of the fissban resolution.
- The fissile materials from dismantled warheads would have to be placed under safeguards.Advertisement
- Iraq could make nuclear weapon in months to a year once it acquires sufficient weapons-grade fissile material.
- Schists in the common acceptance of that term are really highly crystalline rocks; fissile slates, shales or sandstones, in which the original sedimentary structures are little modified by recrystallization, are not included in this group by English petrologists, though the French schistes and the German Schiefer are used to designate also rocks of these types.
- The difference between schists and gneisses is mainly that the latter have less highly developed foliation; they also, as a rule, are more coarse grained, and contain far more quartz and felspar, two minerals which rarely assume platy or acicular forms, and hence do not lead to the production of a fissile character in the rocks in which they are important constituents.
- The Cambrian system is covered by his stages "B" and "C"; the former a barren series of conglomerates and quartzites, the latter a series of grey and green fissile shales 1200 ft.
- The laminated structure of shales, though partly due to successive very thin sheets of deposit, is certainly dependent also on the vertical pressure exerted by masses of superincumbent rock; it indicates a transition to the fissile character of clay slates.Advertisement
- Third, talks on a verifiable fissile material cutoff treaty should start immediately.