First-cousin sentence example
- Henry Seymour Conway's elder brother, Francis, 2nd Baron Conway, was created marquess of Hertford in 1793; his mother was a sister of Sir Robert Walpole's wife, and he was therefore first cousin to Horace Walpole, with whom he was on terms of intimate friendship throughout his life.
- His father was first cousin to Richard Henry Lee.
- He too died without an heir in 1544 at the siege of St Dizier, having devised all his titles and possessions to his first cousin William, the eldest son of William, count of Nassau-Dillenburg, who was the younger brother of Rene's father, and had inherited the German possessions of the family.
- He was the first cousin of the Buddha, and was devotedly attached to him.
- The conspirators failed to overthrow the government, and the army proclaimed Milan, the son of Prince Michael's first cousin Milosh Obrenovich (son of Yephrem, brother to Milosh the founder of the dynasty), as prince of Servia.Advertisement
- For example, your mother's first cousin is your first cousin, once removed.
- If he is two generations from the common ancestor, he 1s your first cousin once removed (your father's first cousin ).
- I have a first cousin in Brussels, Matei Cantacuzino.
- There's Uncle Shinshin's brother has married his first cousin.
- Frankie Amato Jr. - Frankie is a first cousin to Buddy, and the two grew up together in the same neighborhood.Advertisement