Fireside sentence example
- Like the wasps, before I finally went into winter quarters in November, I used to resort to the northeast side of Walden, which the sun, reflected from the pitch pine woods and the stony shore, made the fireside of the pond; it is so much pleasanter and wholesomer to be warmed by the sun while you can be, than by an artificial fire.
- I weathered some merry snow-storms, and spent some cheerful winter evenings by my fireside, while the snow whirled wildly without, and even the hooting of the owl was hushed.
- In 1849 Longfellow published a novel of no great merit, Kavanagh, and also a volume of poems entitled The Seaside and the Fireside, a title which has reference to his two homes, the seaside one on the charming peninsula of Nahant, the fireside one in Cambridge.
- Will the Prime Minister have a cozy fireside chat with his Chancellor about that?
- We also have a loose assortment of household pets round the fireside at night... bliss!Advertisement
- Thrice hallowed shrine Of the heart's intercourse, our own fireside!
- A Butterfly Notebook by Douglas Hammersley, published by the Book Guild 2003 This is a winter fireside book.
- The following is a partial list of his writings: The Diverting History of John Bull and Brother Jonathan (1812); The Lay of the Scottish Fiddle (1813), a good-natured parody on The Lay of the Last Minstrel; Letters from the South (1817); The Backwoodsman: a Poem (1818); Salmagundi (2nd series, 1819-1820); A Sketch of Old England, by a New England Man (1822); Koningsmarke, the Long Finne (1823), a quiz on the romantic school of Walter Scott; John Bull in America; or the New Munchausen (1824), a broad caricature of the early type of British traveller in America; The Merry Tales of the Three Wise Men of Gotham (1826); Chronicles of the City of Gotham, from the Papers of a Retired Common Councilman (183 0); The Dutchman's Fireside (1831); Westward Ho!
- If dinner and entertainment are what you need, enjoy a leisurely evening at the Fireside Dinner Theatre.
- The Home Furniture Showroom offers an armoire style cedar log entertainment center called the Fireside Lodge.Advertisement
- Other fragrances in this collection include "Christmas Tree", "Pomegranate Ice", "Snowberry", "Cozy Fireside", "Winter Wonderland", "Spruce Citrus", "Holiday Kiss", and "Red Chili Masala".
- Roosevelt kept in touch with American through his series of 30 Fireside Chats.
- The 140 character Twitter posts represent a significant departure from the wordy Fireside Chats of President Roosevelt.
- Exclusive of his controversial writings, he left behind him a very voluminous series of practical evangelical books, which have long remained the fireside favourites of the peasantry of French Protestantism.
- They returned in November 1852, and Lowell published some recollections of his journey in the magazines, collecting the sketches later in a prose volume, Fireside Travels.Advertisement
- Pampering yourself during the coldest months of the year is about more than just sipping hot cocoa and sitting by the fireside - it's also about cluing yourself in to a few winter skin secrets!
- His power lay in the interpretation of literature rather than in linguistic study, and his influence over his pupils was exercised by his own fireside as well as in the relation, always friendly and familiar, which he held to them in the classroom.