Finger-rings sentence example
- For personal ornament finger-rings of great variety in the material and design were worn by men, sometimes to the extent of one or more on each finger, many persons possessing small cabinets of them.
- The Phoenicians, as was only to be expected of those traders and artisans of the ancient world, appear to have adopted both the cylinder of Assyria and the scarab of Egypt as have survived the numerous engraved stones or g pebbles, technically called gems, which served as matrices and in most instances were undoubtedly mounted as finger-rings or were furnished with swivels.
- In the later centuries also, particularly in the 14th century, they were set in seal matrices and finger rings.
- Indeed the profusion of articles of gold which have been found is remarkable; in the Dublin Museum may be seen bracelets, armlets, finger-rings, torques, crescents, gorgets, necklets, fibulae and diadems, all of solid gold and most exquisite workmanship.
- The majority of the Roman finds were of finger-rings, many with carved intaglios or other engravings, used for stamping seals.Advertisement
- From vintage style estate rings to modern silver double finger rings with gem stones, there is something for every taste.