Fingal sentence example
- The second cycle contains the epics of Finn (Fionn, Fingal) mac Cumhail, and his son Oisin (Ossian), the bard and warrior, chiefly known from the supposed Ossianic poems of Macpherson.
- In 1761 he announced the discovery of an epic on the subject of Fingal, and in December he published Fingal, an Ancient Epic Poem in Six Books, together with Several Other Poems composed by Ossian, the Son of Fingal, translated from the Gaelic Language, written in the musical measured prose of which he had made use in his earlier volume.
- In the grounds is a huge conglomerate rock called the Dog Stone (Clack-a-choin), from the legend that Fingal.
- Macpherson, whose Fingal had been treated in the Journey as an impudent forgery, threatened to take vengeance with a cane.
- Fingal's Cave is, however, the most famous of all.Advertisement
- In a field near the village a stone marks the site of what is known as Fingal's Grove.
- References include such exotica as the Mombassa Times, Kenya and " Is Fingal's Cave artificial?
- When the sea is very smooth visitors may be rowed directly into the cave, but the more usual landing-place is near the Clamshell Cave, where the columns have been worn down until they form a kind of terrace running all the way to Fingal's Cave.