Finasteride sentence example
- Women of childbearing age shouldn't use Finasteride because it can cause birth defects.
- Common treatments for male pattern baldness are minoxidil and finasteride.
- Finasteride is a prostate drug that also happens to affect hair growth.
- In most men, finasteride will simply stop or slow hair loss.
- Finasteride can cause serious birth defects.Advertisement
- Men may also take a pill containing finasteride (Propecia) with a prescription.
- These include topical minoxidil and finasteride.
- The most commonly marketed forms of minoxidil and finasteride are Rogaine and Propecia.
- Both minoxidil and finasteride affect hair loss through different mechanisms, but make note that the fact they are FDA approved does not imply that they safe for all individuals.
- The FDA approval of minoxidil and finasteride merely supports the claim that research has indicated these two ingredients have a slight to substantial effect on hair loss.Advertisement
- It is often used in conjunction with finasteride to fortify results.
- Finasteride is typically administered in oral form.
- Although some European test studies have been performed on post-menopausal women, finasteride marketed under it's brand name Propecia has only been FDA approved for men.
- Though finasteride and minoxidil are FDA approved, they both may cause side effects.
- You can read more information about the uses and contraindications of finasteride and topical minoxidil at Pub Med Health.com.Advertisement
- Hair loss products such as minoxidil (a topical cream applied to the scalp) and finasteride (a prescription drug) can slow and even slightly reverse hair loss, but the benefits are lost when the products are no longer used.