Financial-markets sentence example
- This and the necessity of indemnifying the people from whom, during the wars with Turkey (1876-1878), requisitions had been taken and money borrowed, forced the government to enter the European financial markets.
- High City bonuses and the continued buoyancy of the financial markets will help boost the housing market in the capital.
- Predictably, the financial markets favor a continuation of the economic policies pursued by the governing coalition.
- Stock loans are used to enhance liquidity in the financial markets.
- How might the financial markets react to the notion that a third of Imperial's exports are illegal.Advertisement
- Gradually, however, it became apparent that it would be desirable to give Turkish state securities, of which those governed by the decree of Muharrem formed the principal part, a better standing in European financial markets than was possible for bonds bearing so low a rate of interest; to obliterate thus, as far as possible, the effects of the past bankruptcy; and, further, to give the Turkish government a joint interest with the bondholders in the progress of the ceded revenues.
- One can try to explain what has happened in terms of financial markets technicalities or the vagaries of monetary policy.
- And it is best to concede that there has been no thoroughgoing analysis of the welfare effects of modern financial markets.
- In other financial markets where things had remained the same for years, electronic alternatives had proven successful.
- Even major players in the financial markets who were able to remain afloat experienced significant losses and took a major hit in terms of stock prices.Advertisement
- The impact of the mortgage meltdown of 2007 will be felt in the mortgage industry and in financial markets around the world for decades to come.
- When the rates fluctuate rapidly, this can be taken as a sign that the financial markets are volatile.
- Home buyers are well served to consider the perspective of what has happened in the past as well as to pay attention to the current state of the financial markets.
- The rates are also calculated in nine other currencies, which enables the rate to be used in a variety of global financial markets.
- Most other investment accounts, such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, or money market funds, all provide the opportunity for high interest, but they also come with the risk of tremendous loss if the financial markets ever rapidly decline.Advertisement