Final-whistle sentence example
- The car park an hour after the final whistle is still awash with emotion.
- It will all be over once the final whistle blows on Sunday 9th July.
- How we so enjoyed waving cheerio and singing ' time to go ' as half the home fans disappeared long before final whistle.
- But for 'Quins ' followers, many were so disenchanted they began to make their exit long before the final whistle.
- jeers at the final whistle.Advertisement
- At the final whistle he told journalists: ' We knew we could organize our game to survive for a long period.
- jubilation at the final whistle.
- At the final whistle there was much jubilation in the Welsh camp for a dogged performance by the whole of the team.
- On the field the Swifts players leaped about like winning cup finalists, joined at the final whistle by their slightly screwy manager.
- shrill of the final whistle signaled Cambridge's third successive Varsity defeat.Advertisement
- We kept running to the final whistle - 90 minutes is a long time!
- The shrill of the final whistle signaled Cambridge 's third successive Varsity defeat.
- The final whistle seemed to come too soon; the RAF 's valiant attempts had failed to close the gap.
- We kept running to the final whistle - 90 minutes is a long time !