Final-cause sentence example
- Smaller artists can make history; the greatest absorb it into that daylight which is its final cause.
- He is the efficient and final cause of all, the beginning, middle, and end, eternal and infinite.
- A 7, 1072 b 3); He is the efficient only as the final cause of nature.
- Still it remains true that the exclusive use of the argument from Mosaism, as itself implying the Gospel of Jesus the Christ as final cause (Taos), does favour the view that the readers were of Jewish origin.
- On the one hand we have confrontation with fact, in which, in virtue of the rational principle which is the final cause of the phenomenal order, intelligence will find satisfaction.Advertisement
- Propositions concerning the possible existence of individuals put Leibnitz to some shifts, and the difficulty accounts for the close connexion established in regard to our actual world between the law of sufficient reason and the doctrine of the final cause.
- Metaphysics, on the other hand, treats of the formal or final cause 10 of these same substances and qualities, and results in a general rule.
- The idea of final cause is also fruitful in sciences which have to do with human action.
- The ultimate interpretation of the universe can only be found in the higher category of End or final cause.
- Edwards supposes in the nature of God an original disposition to an " emanation " of His being, and it is the excellency of this divine being, particularly in the elect, which is, in his view, the final cause and motive of the world.Advertisement
- The substantial good of the universe, in Aristotle's view, is the pure activity of universal abstract thought, at once subject and object, which, itself changeless and eternal, is the final cause and first source of the whole process of change in the concrete world.
- They are investigating the death as an apparent suicide and are waiting on a final autopsy report to determine the final cause of death.