Filson sentence example
- For an early description, see Gilbert Imlay, A Topographical Description of the Western Territory of North America (London, 3rd ed., 1797), in which John Filson's " Discovery, Settlement and Present State of Kentucke " (1784) is reprinted.
- There is much valuable material in the Register (Frankfort, 1903 seq.) of the Kentucky State Historical Society, and especially in the publications of the Filson Club of Louisville.
- Durrett's John Filson, the first Historian of Kentucky (1884); Thomas Speed, The Wilderness Road (1886); W.
- 8 of the Filson Club Publications; J.
- Plunkett, Ireland in the New Century (London, 1905); Filson Young, Ireland at the Cross-Roads (London, 1904); Thom's Almanac, published annually in Dublin, gives a very useful summary of statistics and other information.Advertisement