Fils sentence example
- He engaged in a foolish and undignified struggle with Crebillon (not fils), a rival set up against him by Madame de Pompadour, but a dramatist who, in part of one play, Rhadamiste et Zenobie, has struck a note of tragedy in the grand Cornelian strain, which Voltaire could never hope to echo.
- In 1785 appeared his Recherches theoriques et experimentales sur la force de torsion et sur l'elasticite des fils de metal, &c. This memoir contained a description of different forms of his torsion balance, an instrument used by him with great success for the experimental investigation of the distribution of electricity on surfaces and of the laws of electrical and magnetic action, of the mathematical theory of which he may also be regarded as the founder.
- Its more important tributaries are the Enz, Eschach and Glatt (left), and the Fils, Rems, Kocher and Jagst (right).
- As an author he is known by his L'Indo-Chine francaise (1904), and fils (1906).
- Nos fils (1869), the last of the string of smaller books published during the author's life, is a tractate on education, written with ample knowledge of the facts and with all Michelet's usual sweep and range of view, if with visibly declining powers of expression.Advertisement
- El Ber, chez nous en arabe Ã§a veut dire le pays tu le sais, mon fils, c'est Ã§a ou non?
- Oedipus is also the subject of an anonymous medieval romance (15th century), Le Roman d'Odipus, fils de Layus, in which the sphinx is depicted as a cunning and ferocious giant.
- P. Dubreuil-Fontaine Pere et Fils: Far less expensive (although still over $100 per bottle), this wine is still consistently good.
- Tollot-Beaut et Fils: You can find this for under $100 per bottle, and it is consistently well-made.