Filmy sentence example
- It generally makes its nest in a hollow branch, plastering up the opening with clay, leaving only a circular hole just large enough to afford entrance and exit; and the interior contains a bed of dry leaves or the filmy flakes of the inner bark of a fir or cedar, on which the eggs are laid.
- Dress and Hair: Skip white and go for a filmy, sea-green or pale green dress that flows with the breeze.
- One of the most valuable is F. tingitana; it takes several years to form strong plants that look like massive plumes of filmy Ferns.
- You'll want to make sure you remove the same filmy coffee residue from them as well.
- These filmy sediments, cloudiness, and globular strands floating in the cider make up the Mother, and this is where you'll derive most of the health benefits.Advertisement
- Young resembling parents, but penultimate instar passive and enclosed in a filmy pellicle.
- The leaves are large and pinnate; their lamina is usually thick, though filmy species of Todea occur.
- This group, which contains the two genera Hymenophyllum and Trichomanes, is characterized by the prevalent " filmy " texture of the leaves.
- The vegetation of the forests, the abundant epiphytes, the treemosses, the filmy ferns and the viviparous character of many of the ferns, show clearly how abundant the rainfall is in the eastern forest region.
- Don't come in, Papa! she cried to her father as he opened the door--speaking from under the filmy skirt which still covered her whole face.Advertisement
- Whether she is comfortable in a rich yet modest fabric or the sheerest and shortest of filmy threads, her lingerie is as intimate as every curve it is designed to hug.
- You can tell a 'gothic romance' novel by its cover - a young woman, usually in filmy white, stands in the foreground.
- From the surfaces of all objects there are continually flowing thin filmy images exactly copying the solid body whence they originate; and these images by direct impact on the organism produce (we need not care to ask how) the phenomena of vision.
- The pinnae, except in a few filmy forms, are thick; in Kaulfussia large pores derived from stomata occur in the epidermis.
- Although these tiny Filmy Ferns are hardy and beautiful, yet the conditions for their successful culture occur so seldom that in a general sense they cannot be used with effect in the open air.Advertisement