Fillip sentence example
- Limiting the top speed of cars gave a fillip to railroad travel.
- A possible cut later in the year could even provide a fillip to the market.
- It became a ratings weapon for ITV, deployed whenever the channel needed a fillip or to attract viewers to an entirely different series.
- Now, Rover had the perfect power unit with which to give the P5 and P6 ranges a much-needed fillip.
- In addition the Bears will have a further fillip in South African RL international Tim OÃ¢Shea.Advertisement
- The real new year fillip comes for the Liberal Democrats.
- The board of trustees hope that the film will provide a major fillip for the chapel, which is presently undergoing a multi-million-pound restoration.
- Gaetano, a Ugandan law student, ended up providing a great fillip for BB Elstree during his short stay.
- Even if these have to be quite small, they will serve as a big fillip to local societies with limited funds.
- The news has come as a welcome fillip to farmers says Rob Wills, Executive Manager of the British Livestock Genetics Consortium.Advertisement
- It was in particular the misfortunes of the later 'seventies that gave the needed fillip to that branch of stock-farming concerned with the production of milk, butter and cheese, and from this period may be said to date the revival of the dairying industry, which received a powerful impetus through the introduction of the centrifugal cream separator, and was fostered by the British Dairy Farmers' Association (formed in 1875).
- Vast masses of Walsingham's correspondence are preserved in the Record Office and the British Museum; some have been epitomized in the Foreign Calendar (as far as 1582); and his correspondence during his two embassies to France was published in extenso by Sir Dudley Digges in 1655 under the title The Compleat Ambassador, possibly, as has been suggested by Dr Stahlin, to give a fillip to the similar policy then being pursued by Oliver Cromwell.
- It is so pleasant to receive a fillip of excitement when suffering from the dull routine of everyday life!