Filberts sentence example
- The county is specially famed for cherries and filberts, but apples, pears, plums, gooseberries, strawberries, raspberries and currants are also largely cultivated.
- In some cases apples, cherries, filberts and hops are grown in alternate rows.
- It exports filberts (for which product it is the centre), walnuts, hides and timber.
- Catania has a considerable export trade in sulphur, pumice stone, asphalt, oranges and lemons, almonds, filberts, cereals, wine (the total production of wine in the province amounted to 28,600,000 gallons in 1905) and oil.
- Grafted filberts are less liable than others to be encumbered by suckers at the root.Advertisement
- Plantations of filberts are made in autumn, in well-drained ground, and a space of about io ft.
- The larva is very common in hazel nuts and filberts.
- Women get about 1s. per day for gathering filberts and plums.
- Other calcium-rich foods are figs, broccoli, cabbage, oats, almonds and filberts, yogurt, and blackstrap molasses.