Fierceness sentence example
- His fierceness took her breath away, and the dark circles beneath his eyes drew her sympathy.
- The common or pariah dog is generally of sandy color; in Upper Egypt there is a breed of wiry rough-haired black dogs, noted for their fierceness.
- Among the most formidable animals known is the wild buffalo or gaur which is of great size, strength and fierceness.
- In a country divided by sectional jealousies it was impossible to expect a committee of thirty-four members to impose unity of action even in a common cause; and the Spanish rising, the first fierceness of which had carried all before it, lacked the organizing force which alone would have given it permanent success.
- In addition, domestic cats have been selectively bred for appearance rather than for fierceness or aggression.Advertisement
- Some are clothed in nature's gay attire, others distinguished by strength, size and fierceness.
- The controversy thus kindled in China burned for considerably more than a century with great fierceness.'
- After these cruel practices were outlawed in 1835, fans of the Bulldog began breeding it as a companion dog without its original fierceness.
- Celtic knots: The Celts were an ancient people who were known for their fierceness and their beautiful artwork.
- The line of defence adjacent to the battery looked downhill for about 300 yds., giving a clear field of fire for the new Enfield rifle the English carried; but a sharp break in the slope beyond that range gave the assailants plenty of "dead ground" on which to form up. For a time, therefore, the battle was a series of attacks, delivered with great fierceness by the main body of Pavlov's corps, the repulse of each being followed by the disappearance of the assailants.Advertisement
- " The Irish," says Bacon, " did not fail in courage or fierceness, but, being almost naked men, only armed with darts and skeins, it was rather an execution than a fight upon them."
- The great blot on his memory is his cruelty, which at times was frightful, and showed itself in its full fierceness in the punishment of persons accused of witchcraft, soothsaying or magical practices.
- The application to government for aid, however, proved the occasion of a " Voluntary controversy," which raged with great fierceness for many years and has never completely subsided.