Fiends sentence example
- No task on Friday, they've run out of coast, so they go in search of blood sucking fiends.
- I stood at the bottom of the stairs and shook the can of treats, calling sweetly, " C'mere, you little fiends.
- And to visit as much of the world as possible throughout my life time, meeting many new fiends along the way.
- Will your efforts lead to popular and profitable businesses, or be taken over by greedy corporate fiends?
- Take charge of a number of unique weapons and stare in awe as you reverse gravity and travel through rips in space-time to fight the fiends.Advertisement
- Vampire costumes for kids are an especially sought after disguise due to the recent resurgence in popularity for the pointy-toothed fiends.
- Of course, if they could wear them all year round, they would, but flip flop fiends come out in earnest during the summer!
- Where are my old fiends and people I knew?
- Especially complicated was the ancient Babylonian demonology; all the petty annoyances of life - a sudden fall, a headache, a quarrel - were set down to the agency of fiends; all the stronger emotions - love, hate, jealousy and so on - were regarded as the work of demons; in fact so numerous were they, that there were special fiends for various parts of the human body - one for the head, another for the neck, and so on.
- Lucifer, enraged at the spread of Christ's kingdom, convokes the fiends in council, and resolves to set up the pope as Antichrist.Advertisement
- Before he was ten his sports were interrupted by fits of remorse and despair; and his sleep was disturbed by dreams of fiends trying to fly away with him.
- They have been described as "men who look the fiends they really are - of most sinister expression, with murder and every crime speaking from their savage eyes.