Fides sentence example
- Yet willing proselytes to Judaism are still freely received, provided that their bona fides are proven.
- As the sky-god again he is appealed to as the witness of oaths in the special capacity of the Dins Fidius, producing once more an abstract offshoot in the goddess Fides.
- The Roman Catholic churches are the cathedral church of St George, a fine Gothic building founded in the 13th century, and the church of St Fides, dating from the iith century.
- Considering the liability of corruption to breed corruption we can hardly blame him if he does not, and we may say that it is no derogation to his fides if he makes self-evident corrections.
- The main duty of the flamens was the offering of daily sacrifices; on the 1st of October the three major flamens drove to the Capitol and sacrificed to Fides Publica (the Honour of the People).Advertisement
- He set up the worhip of Terminus (the god of landmarks), appointed the festival of Fides (Faith), built the temple of Janus, reorganized the calendar and fixed days of business and holiday.
- Heraclides, who became a disciple of Herac- Plato in 360 B.C., taught in addition that the sun, fides.
- Her first job is to check the bona fides of a man who has appeared from nowhere claiming to be a girl's father.
- The school of Chartres, founded in 990 by Fulbert, one of Gerbert's pupils, was distinguished otherwise expressed in the sub-title of his Proslogion, Fides quaerens intellectum.
- There is no reason to question Beza's bona fides, or that the MS. was obtained by him after the sack of Lyons in 1562 by des Adrets, but there is room for doubt as to the accuracy of his belief that it had been for a long time in the same monastery.Advertisement
- I write this to establish my bona fides as someone who truly cares about good food.