Fibroin sentence example
- Fibroin is insoluble in water, acids and alkalies; silk-glue resembles gelatin in its solubility, but it is less readily gelatinized.
- (4) Fibroin.
- Typical albuminoids are gelatin, keratin, elastin, fibroin, spongin and conchiolin.
- "Fibroin " and silk-glue or sericin occur in natural silk fibres.
- Silk fibre consists essentially of a centre or core of fibroin, with a covering of sericin or silk albumen, and a little waxy and colouring matter.Advertisement
- Fibroin, which is analogous to horn, hair and like dermal products, constitutes about 75 to 82% of the entire mass, and has a composition represented by the formula C15H23 506.
- According to P. Bolley, the glands of the silkworm contain semi-liquid fibroin alone, and it is on exposure to the air that FIG.
- All silk produced by the worm is composed of two substancesfibroin, the true thread, and sericin, which is a hard, gummy coating of the " fibroin."
- The major protein of these threads is flagelliform protein, a variety of silk fibroin.
- Silk fibre (see Fibres) consists essentially of a centre or core of fibroin, with a covering of sericin or silk albumen, and a little waxy and colouring matter.Advertisement