Fh sentence example
- Draw a vertical at D, intersecting fh, kg, in s and q.
- Before his death Henry obtained the promise of the nobles at a national assembly, or diet, at Erfurt to recognize his son ~ fh Otto as his successor, and the promise was kept, Otto e being chosen German king in July 936.
- The sign x was kept in the western group for the guttural spirant in E, which was written X*; but, as this spirant occurred nowhere else, the combination was often abbreviated, and X was used for X precisely as in the Italic alphabets we shall find that F =f develops out of a combination FH.
- But most remarkable is the representation of Latin F by FH.
- Etruscan uses FH in the same way.Advertisement
- English w), the sign for the digamma F was left unemployed, and as FH was a cumbrous method of representing a sound which did not exist in Greek, the second element came to be left out in writing.
- The strongest argument for the derivation from the Latin alphabet is undoubtedly the value of f attaching to P; for, as we have seen, the Greek value of this symbol is w, and its value as f arises only by abbreviation from FH.
- Ataulphus i~t fh (q.v.) the successor of Alaric, and the husband of Oaticn.
- fh, Feeding hole.
- Kinney HC, Brody BA, Kloman AS, Gilles FH: Sequence of central nervous system myelination in human infancy.Advertisement