Feverishly sentence example
- Her head moved from side to side from habit, but her eyes, feverishly wide, looked fixedly before her.
- We would then work feverishly on them for months before selling them for slightly less than we had paid.
- Only his eyes gleamed feverishly and his thoughts followed one another with extraordinary clearness and rapidity.
- His eyes glittered feverishly while he tried to prove to Pierre that in his actions there was no desire to do good to his neighbor.
- The Athenians, irritated by the support which Artaxerxes had lately given to the revolt of their allies, and excited by rumours of his hostile preparations, were feverishly eager for a war with Persia.Advertisement
- He paced up and down a few times in silence, but his eyes glittered feverishly and his lips quivered as he began speaking.
- Scientists continue to feverishly work to find a cause.
- Natasha, pale and stern, was sitting beside Marya Dmitrievna, and her eyes, glittering feverishly, met Pierre with a questioning look the moment he entered.
- The broken old man became feverishly anxious to propitiate offended Heaven, and save himself another Blenheim or Malplaquet, by exterminating the enemies of the Church.
- His devotion to Protestantism made him feverishly alive to the perils which threatened the Reformation; and he took an alarmist view of every situation.Advertisement
- With one hand he supported the other; he was pale and his jaw trembled, shivering feverishly.
- For those not in the loop of the feverishly popular show, Hannah Montana is a television series on the Disney Channel that features now-famous pop star Miley Cyrus.
- A female blue-footed booby sat on a rock, flanked by two males feverishly courting her.
- dull glow of his laptop computer, his mind wrestling feverishly with the figures on the screen.