Feudal-law sentence example
- Reforms were also made in the tedious technicalities of the feudal law.
- These assizes do not, of course, appear in Ibelin, who was only concerned with the feudal law of the high court.
- During those fifteen years the kingdom of Jerusalem was agitated by a struggle between the native barons, championing the principle that sovereignty resided in the collective baronage, and taking their stand on the assizes, and Frederick II., claiming sovereignty for himself, and opposing to the assizes the feudal law of Sicily.
- Under this head may be enumerated also the financial duties of the vassal, though these were not regarded by the feudal law as of the nature of the tenure, i.e.
- The codes in their turn tended still further to harden these usages into fixed forms, and we may date from the end of the 13th century an age of feudal law regulating especially the holding and transfer of land, and much more uniform in character than the law of the feudal age proper.Advertisement
- We know that in feudal law there ran a standing contrast between tenure by custom - villein tenure - and tenure by contract - free tenure.
- According to feudal law the vassal usage.
- But the relation of subordination of one state to another was generally expressed in terms of feudal law.
- In feudal law the term is applied to the practice of a freeman placing himself under the protection of a lord (see Feudalism), and in ecclesiastical law to the granting of benefices in commendam.
- The stipulated consideration was the hand of Eva his only child, and according to feudal law his sole heiress, to whose issue lands and kingdoms would naturally pass.Advertisement