Fetlock sentence example
- The inside of the ears and the muzzle are black, and the feet are black to the fetlock joint.
- The carpal joint, corresponding to the wrist of man, is commonly called the " knee " of the horse, the joint between the metacarpal and the first phalanx the " fetlock," that between the first and second phalanges the " pastern," and that between the second and third phalanges the " coffin joint."
- This is called in veterinary anatomy the " suspensory ligament of the sesamoids," or of the " fetlock " (io in fig.
- 18, Fatty cushion of fetlock.
- As another casualty of a pulled fetlock he was happy to stay but a lack of hotel rooms caused some anxiety.Advertisement
- fetlock joint at 90° to the 1° beam.
- galle, Sp. agalla, a wind-gall or puffy distension of the synovial bursa on the fetlock joint of a horse, is derived from the Lat.
- I o, Suspensory ligament of fetlock.
- The withers may be moderately high and thin; the chest well developed, but not too wide or deep; the shoulder should lie well on the chest, and be oblique and well covered with muscle, so as to reduce concussion in galloping; the upper and lower arms should be long and muscular; the knees broad and strong; legs short, flat and broad; fetlock joints large; pasterns strong and of moderate length; the feet should be moderately large, with the heels open and frogs sound - with no signs of contraction.
- The hackney should also possess good hock action, as distinguished from mere fetlock action, the propelling power depending upon the efficiency of the former.Advertisement