Fetid sentence example
- Sluggish brackish streams creep along between banks of fetid black mud.
- We wanted the audience to feel the fetid claustrophobia of the bunker.
- One is a blood-splattered redneck who collects roadkill, dumping the bodies of dead deer into a fetid carcass swamp.
- But it undoubtedly prolongs life, lessens suffering, and by checking the growth of bacteria upon the cancer reduces the fetid odour and the symptoms of septic intoxication.
- This is not a suit for splashing about barbarically in the fetid seas of Venice.Advertisement
- The mine tunnel narrowed and the pair was forced to hunch down under the low ceiling that closed in the fetid air around them like a soaked and musty blanket.
- Flies and frogs were also complained of, and Sidonius, writing in the 5th century, complains bitterly of the "feculent gruel" (cloacalis puts) which filled the canals of the city, and gave forth fetid odours when stirred by the poles of the bargemen.
- 2 These "gens de mer" were the Winnebago Indians; the name "ouinipegou," meaning "men of the fetid water," was interpreted by the French to apply to salt water, whereas it probably referred to sulphur springs near Lake Winnipeg, from which the Winnebago came to Green Bay.
- On the 22nd of July he succeeded Fetid Pasha as grand vizier, but on the 6th of August was replaced by Kiamil Pasha, a man of more liberal views, at the instance of the young Turkish committee.
- A good supply of drinking water was brought to the city by Fetid Pasha, who governed the vilayet ably for several years, till in 1903 he was appointed Grand Vizier.Advertisement