Feted sentence example
- Forlan, of course, beat the much feted Eto'o to the golden boot in Spain last year.
- The victims were often feted for a whole year and treated as divine; the heart was an offering to the god, the body was eaten by the priests and nobles and the head was preserved with those of previous victims.
- 'Abdul Hamid professed to yield and Enver entered Constantinople as a feted hero.
- It is baptized and feted and mourned for like a human being at its death.
- In some parts of Indo-China the belief is that the soul of the elephant may injure people after death; it is therefore feted by a whole village.Advertisement
- He was feted by the populace, including Emma who also ministered to the wounds he had sustained in the Battle.
- The Strassburg Literary Society feted him, and Johannes Sapidus, headmaster of the Latin school at Schlettstadt, rode with him into Basel.