Festuca sentence example
- Upon the highest summits are found Saponaria Pumilio (resembling our Silene acaulis) and varieties of Galium, Euphorbia, Astragalus, Veronica, Jurinea, Festuca, Scrophularia, Geranium, Asphodeline, Allium, Asperula; and, on the margins of the snow fields, a Taraxacum and Ranunculus demissus.
- A rank grass, Festuca Cookii, grows thickly in places up to 300 ft., with Azorella, Cotula plumosa, &c. Sir J.
- These are: Festuca pulchella, Carex microstyla, Salix caesia, Rumex nivalis, Alsine aretioides, Aquilegia alpina, Thlaspi rotundifolium, Saxifraga Seguieri, S.
- (Gentiana acaulis) and London pride (Saxifrage umbrosa),, Cerastium tomentosum, Stachys lavata and the beautiful evergreen Veronica rupestris with sheets of bright blue flowers, close to the ground, or by some of the finer grasses very carefully selected, such as the sheep's fescue (Festuca ovina) or its glaucous-leaved variety.
- Crested Dog's-tail Festuca duriuscula - Hard Fescue Festuca ovina - Sheep's Fescue .Advertisement
- - Magnified transverse section of one-half of a leaf-blade of Festuca rubra.
- 7), or the two posterior ones may be absent (Uniola, Cinna, Phippsia, Festuca bromoides).
- Some species, such as Poa stricta, are known only in this viviparous condition; others, like our British species Festuca ovina, and Poa alpina, become viviparous under the special climatic. conditions.
- Festuca (fescue) is also a large and widely distributed genus, but found especially in the temperate and cold zones; it includes valuable pasture grasses, such as F.
- Several species of the north temperate zone, such as Poa nemoralis, P. pratensis, Festuca ovina, F.Advertisement
- Mountain and valley alike are carpeted with soft grass, various species of Festuca predominating.
- In the north and west the Stipa of the Russian steppes supersedes Festuca and affords splendid pasture for the herds of the Kara-Kirghiz.
- The site has a variety of aspect and gradients, with the grassland dominated by red fescue Festuca rubra and upright brome Bromus erectus.
- The ground flora includes wood fescue Festuca altissima and violet helleborine Epipactis purpurata.
- Mastercard, Visa: Festuca glauca Elijah Blue Popular tufting blue grass which spreads over a period of time to 10 inch wide clumps.Advertisement
- Fescue Grass (Festuca) - Annual and perennial grasses, containing few species for the garden.