Festoon sentence example
- New Zealand is part of the Australasian festoon, on the Pacific edge of the Australasian area.
- Hoodies with Flare: If you are buying a hoodie for an older girl, why not festoon it with fun Patriots buttons and pins?
- Lianas Lianas are climbing woody vines that festoon rainforest trees.
- - New Zealand is part of the Australasian festoon, on the Pacific edge of the Australasian area.
- The room was tastefully decorated, and outside the premises hung a beautiful festoon containing a suitable motto.Advertisement
- The folds are part of an extensive system arranged as if in a festoon hanging southwards between Peshawar and Mount Ararat, but with the outer folds looped up at Sibi so as to form the subsidiary festoon of the Suliman and Bugti Hills.
- But they have been separated by the foundering of the Coral Sea and the Tasman Sea, which divided the continent of Australia from the islands of the Australasian festoon; and the foundering of the band across Australia, from the Gulf of Carpentaria, through western Queensland and western New South Wales, to the lower basin of the Murray, has separated the Archean areas of eastern and western Australia.
- The Mesozoic begins with a Triassic land period in the mainland of Australia; while the islands of the Australasian festoon contain the Triassic marine limestones, which fringe the whole of the Pacific. The Triassic beds are best known in New South Wales, where round Sydney they include a series of sandstones and shales.
- New Caledonia is part of the Australasian Festoon, and in its general characters resembles the geology of New Zealand.