Festering sentence example
- Most of them were disfigured by frost-bitten noses and cheeks, and nearly all had red, swollen and festering eyes.
- The whole area is like a festering sore, deprived of the healing power of fresh air i.e. open debate.
- Harboring anger or other emotions at unresolved issues can lead to festering resentment that will undoubtedly eat away at your relationship.
- A drying room would be nice, but the problem is really good ventilation, and clothes tend to be left there festering.
- But, left unacknowledged and unaddressed, these issues become festering sores in the relationship between VS and the rest of the industry.Advertisement
- Mr Campbell: Shut your festering gob, you tit!
- The earth was considered in ancient times a cure for old festering wounds, and for the bite of poisonous snakes.
- The Holy See directed all its energies towards the solution of the problem; in the event of its proving to be insoluble, it would take care that it should remain a festering sore in the body of the monarchy.