Ferryman sentence example
- ferryman's hut lay snugly.
- Christopher Golden is an American award-winning, bestselling author of such novels as Wildwood Road, The Boys Are Back in Town, The Ferryman, Strangewood, Of Saints and Shadows, and the Body of Evidence series of teen thrillers.
- The simple offering of food or shedding of blood at the grave develops into an elaborate system of sacrifice; even where ancestor-worship is not found, the desire to provide the dead with comforts in the future life may lead to the sacrifice of wives, slaves, animals, &c., to the breaking or burning of objects at the grave or to the provision of the ferryman's toll, a coin put in the mouth of the corpse to pay the travelling expenses of the soul.
- As ferryman of the dead he is not mentioned in Homer or Hesiod, and in this character is probably of Egyptian origin.
- Mockler Ferryman, Up the Niger; Narrative of Major Claude Macdonald's Mission to the Niger and Benue Rivers ...Advertisement
- He discovered some 20 bodies - complete with coins in their mouths to pay the ferryman for the journey to the other world.
- We learned this from an old ferryman who was able to take his small boat over to deliver supplies from nearby farms.
- The ferryman © The ferryman's house is on the western bank of the Almond, seen in the photograph above.
- ferryman's cottage.