Ferry-boat sentence example
- A steamer leaves Naples every night for Palermo, and vice versa, the journey (208 m.) being done in I I hours, while the journey by rail (438 m.), including the crossing of the Straits of Messina takes 191 hours; and the weekly steamer from Naples to Messina (216 m.) takes 12 hours, while the journey by rail and ferry boat (292 m.) takes 14 hours.
- There was a small problem, however, how to raise the money for the ferry boat fare.
- When we got to Jersey City at six o'clock Friday evening we were obliged to cross the Harlem River in a ferry-boat.
- The Blue and Gold ferry boat sails to Alcatraz Island and under the Golden Gate Bridge for a fun, ninety-minute adventure.
- The Blue and Gold ferry boat sails to Alcatraz Island on weekends only during the winter.Advertisement
- The third season episodes included a landmark three party event focusing on the tragedy of a ferry boat accident.