Ferrules sentence example
- Ferrules first appear in the Assyrian iron of the 7th century B.C. The rise of stone work led to great importance of heavy chisels (36) for trimming limestone and Nubian sandstone; such chisels ate usually round rods about 3/4 in.
- But even in entirely new distributing systems the network is so extensive, and the number of joints so great, that the aggregate leakage is always considerable; the greatest loss being at the so-called " ferrules " connecting the mains with the house " communication " or " service " pipes, in the lead pipes, and in the household fittings.
- But this did not obviate the necessity for house - to-house inspection, and although the number of different points at which leakage occurred was still great, it was always small in relation to the number of houses which were necessarily entered by the inspector; moreover, when the best had been done that possibly could be done to suppress leakage due to domestic fittings, the leakage below ground in the mains, ferrules and service pipes still remained, and was often very great.
- The system, however, does not assist in the detection of the leakage which inevitably occurs between the reservoir and the consumer's meter; thus the whole of the mains, joints and ferrules connecting the service pipes with the mains, and the greater parts of the service pipes, are still exposed to leakage without any compensating return to the water authority.
- All multiconductor feedthroughs are supplied in standard form with stainless steel ferrules.Advertisement
- They differ only in being bound in modern nickel ferrules.
- The aluminum legs are finished with rubber ferrules to prevent the stool shifting.
- Green low gloss blank with green wraps and tip over butt ferrules.
- nickel ferrules.
- The loops which pass through the padlock of your chastity device are fashioned with brass ferrules and are non corrosive.Advertisement
- Then, we replaced worn-out ferrules in the area.
- The problem of rigid ferrules has been overcome by using flexible ferrules that Pilley and Lawes developed over 30 years ago and is patented.
- Manufactured from only the finest taper dressed, pure Kolinsky Sable hair, in rust-proof, seamless nickel plated ferrules with black polished handles.
- ferrules at the firebox end.