Ferritin sentence example
- A common method of iron storage in the body is via a protein called ferritin.
- Girls had lower ferritin than boys at age 11-12.
- Also, certain conditions can raise serum ferritin for reasons unrelated to clinical iron status.
- In normal ferritin, a rigid protein shell surrounds an 8 nm diameter cavity, part-filled with non-magnetic ferrihydrite.
- In most cases, a fall in serum ferritin values simultaneous with a rise in packed cell volume is observed.Advertisement
- Ferritin Serum ferritin was measured by immunoassay, a method which displays wide inter-laboratory variability.
- Iron overload can be detected by measuring serum ferritin and fasting transferrin saturation.