Ferrier sentence example
- Fremy, Un Ambassadeur liberal sous Charles IX Henri III, Arnaud du Ferrier (Paris, 1880).
- Ferrier, to that department of thought whose subject matter is the nature and origin of knowledge.
- Among his principal publications are An Examination of Ferrier's "Knowing and Being," and the Scottish Philosophy - (a work which gave him the reputation of being an independent Hamiltonian in philosophy); Memoir of John Brown, D.D.
- Mill in the 'Westminster Review (reprinted in Dissertations), and from Ferrier in Blackwood (reprinted in Lectures and Remains, ii).
- His theory of "attuition," by which he supposes that we become conscious of objects outside ourselves, is his " return to dualism," and is indeed so like natural realism as to suggest that, like Ferrier, he starts from Hamilton to end in Hegel.Advertisement
- Ferrier's investigations showed, motor reactions of the facial and sensori- limb muscles are regularly and easily evoked.
- On the first score he makes but an equivocal acknowledgment, claiming to have thought on Schelling's lines before reading him; but it has been shown by Hamilton and Ferrier that besides transcribing much from Schelling without avowal he silently appropriated the learning of Maass on philosophical history.
- Ray Ferrier (Tom Cruise) is a divorced dockworker and less-than-perfect father.
- Kathleen Ferrier Award winning Canadian soprano Gillian Keith is Diana.
- 1838), but pursued independently and far more systematically and thoroughly by David Ferrier (b.Advertisement